Integrated Pest Management · Agriculture and Natural Resources
University of California
Videos and DVDs
How to order
UC IPM, through its publications, videos, and games, reaches employers and workers throughout the state with important pesticide safety information, and provides handlers and fieldworkers with skills and knowledge needed to avoid pesticide-related problems.
- Jorge's New Job: The Importance of Cholinesterase Testing/El nuevo trabajo de Jorge: La importancia del análisis de la colinesterasa (DVD)
This video addresses the importance of cholinesterase monitoring for pesticide handlers and explains how certain insecticides can disrupt the nervous system. English and Spanish.
- Long-Term Health Effects of Pesticide Exposure (DVD)
This 22-minute video is intended for people whose jobs put them in contact with pesticides. It includes an overview of what is known about the potential long-term effects of pesticide exposure and a question-and-answer section based on common questions encountered in pesticide handler training sessions. English
- Pesticide Safety for Small Farms: Uso seguro de pesticidas en pequeñas granjas (DVD)
Produced for workers on small family farms, this video illustrates the importance of following safe practices for storing, mixing, applying, and disposing of pesticides. It also covers how to read the pesticide label, how to use personal protective equipment, and what to do in case of pesticide-related emergencies. English and Spanish and Hmong, Lao, and Ilokano.
- Pesticide Safety in the Greenhouse/El entrenamiento de los trabajadores de invernadero para el uso seguro de los pesticidas (DVD)
This video, intended for supervisors and managers of indoor nurseries, covers some of the problems inherent in greenhouse pesticide use and offers guidelines on how to ensure the safe use of pesticides in the commercial greenhouse nursery. English and Spanish.
- Protecting Yourself from Pesticide Hazards in the Workplace
This video, for training agricultural fieldworkers about pesticide hazards, is to be used with the 91-page instructor's manual, WPS Training for Fieldworkers: Teaching Workers How to Protect Themselves from Pesticide Hazards in the Workplace (). Six separate scenarios cover first aid and medical help for pesticide exposure, hazards of drinking and eating while working in the field, common routes of pesticide exposure, restricted-entry intervals, avoiding exposure to pesticide residues in the field, and keeping pesticides out of the home. To reinforce what trainees have heard and seen in the video, the last chapter of the manual provides quiz games. Copies of this public-domain video are available from each state pesticide regulatory agency and Cooperative Extension Service pesticide safety education coordinators.
- Reducing Pesticide Risks: An Interactive Program for Training Pesticide Handlers
This interactive training video, used for training pesticide handlers, is a five-episode story about a farm owner and a recently hired employee. It portrays their discussions on pesticide illnesses and injuries. Topics include how to protect yourself when you handle pesticides, how to safely handle pesticides and their containers, how to apply pesticides safely, and how to clean up after handling pesticides. The 113-page instructor's manual () is designed to be used with this video. Copies of this public-domain video are available from each state pesticide regulatory agency and Cooperative Extension Service pesticide safety education coordinators.
- Safe Handling of Pesticides/El uso seguro de los pesticidas (DVD)
Provides general, non-technical pesticide safety information for the fieldworker. Contains a description of common pesticide poisoning symptoms, first-aid measures, protective clothing, and safety procedures. English and Spanish.
- Training Greenhouse Workers to Handle Pesticides Safely/El entrenamiento de los trabajadores de invernadero para el uso seguro de los pesticidas (DVD)
Provides part of the training that noncertified greenhouse mixers, loaders, and applicators need before handling pesticides. It can also be shown to nonhandlers as a general safety presentation. English, Spanish, and Japanese.
Below is a selection of other UC pest management information resources. For a complete list access the ANR catalog.
- Crown Gall of Tree Crops: Biology and Control. English and Spanish.
- Harvesting California's Table Grapes (Empaque de uvas de mesa en California). English and Spanish.
- Healthy Turf: First Line of Defense Against Weeds.
- Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter Identification and Monitoring. English and Spanish.
- Lygus Integrated Pest Management in Strawberries. English and Spanish.
- Walnut Husk Fly: Biology, Monitoring, and Control Strategies.
- Worm Sampling Methods for Processing Tomatoes.
- La lotería de los pesticidas. English and Spanish.
PDF: To display a PDF document, you may need to use a PDF reader.