How to Manage Pests
UC Guide to Healthy Lawns
Planting and management tips for creeping bentgrass
- Mow at 0.5 inch or less.
- Mow frequently to avoid scalping injury.
- Fertilize with 4 - 6 lbs. nitrogen/1000 sq. ft. per year during the
period of active growth (March - June; September - November).
- Seed at 0.5 - 1 lb. seed/1000 sq. ft.
- Water fairly frequently to maintain the shallow root system.
- Very susceptible to most turfgrass diseases and insects
- Very low traffic tolerance
- Frequent and close mowing requirements
- Low drought tolerance
- Produces heavy thatch
For more information, see the following sections: